Friday

Good Moments in Bad Movies: THE HITCHER

I watch a lot of movies which means I watch a lot of bad movies. I do it because sometimes I'm surprisingly delighted by a film that everybody hates. (Cheers to you BEERFEST.) Sometimes the movie is bad, but there's a scene or a moment that's really well executed.

THE HITCHER is one of those movies. Not nearly the as illogical and unintentionally funny as many recent horror films, THE HITCHER suffers most from being uninteresting. The lead couple are very boring, sucking the energy from the film.

Before we meet them, only a minute into the film, comes this well-done bit. [I apologize for the poor quality. It's all I could find and certainly better than describing the moment with still frames.]



I also liked this shot, and that's about it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was curious about this film because I love the original (even own the region 2, 2 disc Collectors Edition)... but I didn't see it. Now that I've seen that moment, I think I'll pass. It looks ike one of the most unintentionally funny moments since Nic Cage screamed, "Oh, no! The Bee's! Not the bee's!!!"

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home