Sunday

RAZZLE DAZZLE: 2 Films Trouble With Creative License

CHARLOTTE'S WEB (Click For Link)
Based on one of the absolute most beloved children's books ever, CHARLOTTE'S WEB should have been a slam dunk, especially with Dakota Fanning as the lead human. All that's left is to follow the book and you can't fail, right?

I was first troubled to hear Julia Roberts as the voice of Charlotte. This may sound weird, but she doesn't sound like a spider. Not even close. She sounds like Julia Roberts. (Susan Sarandon...that's a spider.) But what really killed my hopes was the fart joke by Kathy Bates' cow. The book didn't stoop to fart humor and it saddens me that they're selling the movie with such low promises.
RATING: 4 out of 10


UNITED 93 (Click For Link)
Director Paul Greengrass previously made BLOODY SUNDAY, which took a real human tragedy that politicized a nation and presented the events with honesty, respect and a refreshing lack of Cinema magic. He's honestly a great choice to tell a story based on events from 9/11, and on it's own this could be a really excellent picture. However, I recently watched the trailer with a large film audience and a strange discomfort swept through the theatre.

There's a question of is it too soon for a 9/11 movie, and after what I felt from the audience, I'd have to say 'yes'. Even if the film is superb, I don't think we're ready to deal with this as the subject of a movie. And even though I know Greengrass is at the helm, there's a slight feeling of Hollywood exploitation. We knew these films were coming, and studios raced to beat each other out of the gate, but they lost sight of the big picture here.
RATING: 7 out of 10 as a trailer. 3 out of 10 as a responsible idea.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there.

I'm from Mexico and need a translation of this trailer for school.

I'm just missing what the rat says to the cow when the last one farts, just before cows say "Yeah", "Bullseye"

I hope you can help me. I just can't figure out the words. (in english would be really helpful) Thanks a lot.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Cutshaw said...

The rat laughs, then goes "Oh" when he's blasted off the fence.
Other Cow: "Did you get 'em?"
Farting Cow: "Yeah, Bullseye."

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that makes sense.
Thanks a lot. You're nice people.

Best regards from Mexico.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home