Wednesday

Top Commentary: Tim Burton

From the feedback on Tim Burton I got a pretty even split between those who still think he's great once in a while, and those who don't trust him anymore.

According to the poll on Filmspotting.net...

0% think anytime he makes a movie there's a good chance it'll be a masterpiece.
4% think he is usually Great and certainly one of our Best Directors.
41% think he's solid, but only sometimes Great.
41% think he used to be Great, but don't trust him anymore.
14% think he's always been all flash and no substance.

It also looks like Sweeney Todd was a bit of a comeback for Burton.


Sweeney Todd was his best film in awhile (I didn't see Big Fish), but he hasn't made a great movie since Mars Attacks! over ten years ago.
-sdedalus

Sweeney Todd has somewhat renewed my faith. Planet of the Apes through Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was an ugly stretch for me.
-matt

For 10 years almost no one could touch this guy then he went off the rails. After Todd though I'm inclined to get excited for his subsequent film.
-Keith

I think I've become rather oversaturated with his style by now. I wish he'd do another Ed Wood.
-Tequila

I loved his early work from Pee-Wee to Ed Wood. Then, everything got silly and I just don't have the same enthusiasm for his films that I used to have back in the early 90s. It seems like he's either going for a big box office hit (Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, Corpse Bride, or Planet of the Apes) or going for an Oscar (Big Fish & Sweeney Todd).
-thevoid99

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home